This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
Your privacy is very important to us and we are committed to fair practices that protect your information.
Information We May Collect and Process
We may collect and process the following information in order to provide you with the service and products:
- Full Name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Business address
- Location data
- Job title
- SharePoint product version
We may also process other information, which is not personal data within the meaning of data protection law.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information to provide and improve our Services, provide you with a personalized experience on our sites, contact you about your account and our Services, provide you support and customer service, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about new features, tips or services related to your purchased or inquired product or Service;
- to contact you from time to time for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone;
- to send you notifications, updates regarding your subscription and particular product plans;
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our products and services, including troubleshooting and usage analysis;
- as part of our efforts to keep our products and services healthy and operational;
- to prevent abusive and harming activity;
- to improve our products and services;
- to solve technical problems and to calculate overall usage statistics;
With your consent. We may use this information:
- to send you emails about our products, services and offers;
- to provide you with marketing information via email
Our legitimate interest. When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we will consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection and any other relevant law. We believe these uses benefit our customers.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosing Personally Identifiable Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we dispose of or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If EnovaPoint or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access and use. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available.
We will only hold your data for as long as this is necessary. The retention period is 24 months from the date of termination of our terms of service. We have a high number of customers who re-engage with our service after a period of absence from the end of their contract. This retention period allows for the data to be reused where necessary.
You can request to delete your Data at any time. We will respond to your request and complete the full deletion within 30 days.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers for tax purposes.
Your Legal Rights
A new data protection law, starting in May 2018, gives everyone a number of very important rights. These are:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com
No Fee Usually Required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What We May Need from You
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time Limit to Respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.