JungleMail installation and activation guide
The latest version of JungleMail is always available from the download page.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012
- SharePoint Server 2010, SharePoint Foundation 2010, SharePoint Server 2013 or SharePoint Foundation 2013
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or higher
Before you install EnovaPoint products, follow these guidelines to ensure a successful installation:
1. Back up your system before making any changes.
2. Verify the system requirements for the product you are installing.
3. Make sure you are starting the installation on the correct server. It is recommended to install JungleMail on one of the servers in the SharePoint farm running the Central Administration service. The product will be automatically deployed to other SharePoint servers by the SharePoint Timer service.
4. Verify the permissions required for the installation account you are using to install the product. The installation account must have at least the following permissions:
- Member of the local server Administrators group (to install application files);
- Member of the SharePoint Farm Administrators group (to deploy solutions to the farm);
- SharePoint site collection administrator (to activate the features after installation).
5. Stop the World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC) during installation on every server running it in your SharePoint farm. You can use the iisreset /stop /noforce and iisreset /start command line commands. This will ensure that no system files that need to be updated are locked, which could cause the installation to fail.
1. Run the setup program you have downloaded from the EnovaPoint web site.
2. Follow the installation wizard instructions.
3. When installation is complete, review the summary screen to confirm that the product installed successfully, and then click Close.
Activating the Features
Activating the “EnovaPoint JungleMail Configuration Lists” Feature
This feature creates JungleMail jobs configuration lists required for JungleMail functionality on this site collection.
1. Log in to the top-level site in the SharePoint site collection using a site collection administrator account.
2. Go to Site Actions > Site Settings > Site Collection Administration > Site Collection Features.
3. Locate the “EnovaPoint JungleMail Configuration Lists” feature and click the Activate button to activate the feature for the entire site collection.
Note: You must repeat these steps for each site collection on which you plan to use JungleMail.
After the activation of this feature, you will notice one document library and few lists have been created on the top-level site in the current site collection.
Activating the “EnovaPoint JungleMail User Menu” Feature
This feature enables the JungleMail ribbon button for creating new jobs from lists.
1. Log in to the SharePoint site using an account with Manage Web Site permissions.
2. Go to Site Actions > Site Settings > Site Actions > Manage Site Features.
3. Locate the “EnovaPoint JungleMail User Menu” feature and click the Activate button to activate the feature for the current site.
Note: You must repeat these steps for each site on which you are going to use the JungleMail user menu.
After the activation of this feature, you will notice a new ribbon button in the lists and libraries on the current site.
Note: this SharePoint group email product is not a SharePoint webpart solution. You do not need to place any webparts to SharePoint pages for sending group email campaigns.
We hope this guide was helpful and you have successfully installed JungleMail on your servers.
If you need help installing or configuring JungleMail please contact our support team via e-mail at support/enovapoint/.com or by filling the support form.