JungleDoc installation guide
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2 or 2012
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or 2013, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 or 2013
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or higher
Before you install EnovaPoint products, follow these guidelines to ensure a successful installation:
1. Back up your system before making any changes.
2. Verify the system requirements for the product you are installing.
3. Make sure you are starting the installation on the correct server. It is recommended to install EnovaPoint products on one of the servers in the SharePoint farm running the Central Administration service. The product will be automatically deployed to other SharePoint servers by the SharePoint Timer service.
4. Verify the permissions required for the installation account you are using to install the product. The installation account must have at least the following permissions:
- Member of the local server Administrators group (to install application files)
- Member of the SharePoint Farm Administrators group (to deploy solutions to the farm)
- SharePoint site collection administrator (to activate features after installation)
5. Stop the World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC) during installation on every server running it in your SharePoint farm. You can use the iisreset /stop /noforce and iisreset /start command line commands. This will ensure that no system files that need to be updated are locked, which could cause the installation to fail.
1. Run the setup program you have downloaded from the EnovaPoint web site.
2. Follow the installation wizard instructions.
3. When installation is complete, review the summary screen to confirm that the product installed successfully, and then click Close.
NOTE: If you had JungleDoc 2 installed
Please note that when you upgrade from earlier versions to JungleDoc 3, your JungleDoc rules will not be preserved. All of your content types and document templates will be preserved, however.
Activating the 'EnovaPoint JungleDoc' Feature
This feature enables JungleDoc rules management for site and list content types, adds quick launch buttons in the ribbon and contextual menu.
1. Log in to the site in the SharePoint site collection using a site collection administrator account.
2. Go to Site Actions > Site Settings > Site Settings > Manage site features.
3. Locate the EnovaPoint JungleDoc' feature and click the Activate button to activate the feature for the site.
Note: You must repeat these steps for each site on which you plan to use JungleDoc.
After the activation of this feature you will notice a new button in the ribbon.
And in the contextual menu.
We hope this guide was helpful and you have successfully installed JungleDoc on your servers.
If you need help installing or configuring JungleDoc please contact our support team by e-mail at support/eta/enovapoint/dot/com or by filling the support form.